Though each project and client are different, there are certain steps and procedures we follow at Bayon to ensure project success.
- Phone Consultation – During this conversation, you explain what your goals are for your interior renovation or landscape project.
- In-person Consultation – Bayon offers a complimentary onsite consultation, up to 45 minutes, with a Bayon Project Consultant. If you’re not sure of your goals, our Interior Design or Landscape Designer may also attend this meeting. After walking through the space where the renovation will occur, we will sit down together and discuss goals, vision, budgets and priorities. The Bayon team begins filling out a Consultation Sheet. We find this a very important meeting for gathering information and sharing realistic (sometimes eye-opening) budgets and timelines.
- Client Homework – Proper planning by us requires a bit of client homework. We’ll make recommendations to you, say, for bathroom fixtures or kitchen cabinets or paving stones, and we’ll send you on fieldtrips to our suppliers so you are as familiar as possible with the products we are installing for you. You can also speak to designers and experts at these establishments. Completing this homework connects you with the project, clarifies ideas, and eliminates surprises.
- Detailed Estimate – At Bayon, we take the time to specify all items in a renovation or landscaping project, from demolition and engineering specifications, to the count of pot lights or brand of stones we are installing. The detailed estimate, once prepared, helps us both keep track of what is included (and what’s not). Our estimates are complete and costs to you are transparent. If anything changes, a Change of Work order is required and completed. Our landscape estimates, for example, can include details such as engineering specifications, or details required by ICPI (Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute).
- (If needed) Design Phase – If required, a client-paid design exercise with our Interior Designer or Landscape Designer will occur before design drawings are completed and work starts.
- During Project:
- Frequent Conversations – While working at your home, we will be in contact with you to let you know what’s been accomplished on key days, and let you know if there have been any changes to your project. This is also an opportunity to discuss any changes in your requirements.
- Clean Work Site – We try to keep our impact on your living space to a minimum. Craftsmen stay only in renovation areas, and we are meticulous about cleanliness.
- Final Project Walkthrough – We walk through the project together. This is your opportunity to provide any feedback.
- Warranty – Thorough planning and working to such high standards, enable us to warranty our work for three years.
- Post-Project Online Survey – A few weeks after the project finishes, we’ll invite you to fill out our post-project online survey. We often give those who complete the survey a chance to win something fun. This information is incredibly important, as, without honest feedback about what went well or didn’t, we can’t improve and grow!